How do I care for my dental implant?
One of the things that patients really enjoy about dental implants is how easy they are to care for. If you use the same consideration you have for your natural teeth, your dental implant should last a long time with only minimal adjustments needed. We will examine the health of your dental implant at each appointment so you can get the most out of your dentistry!
As a reminder, here are some tips on caring for your dental implant:
- Brush twice daily, making sure to brush near and just below the gumline.
- Floss in between each tooth on both sides.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Schedule and maintain regular dental exams, cleanings, and x-rays.
- Notify us right away if something changes with your oral health.
- Don’t bite into anything too hard that might damage your crown.
Practicing Good Oral Hygiene
Gum disease can cause dental implants to fail. Maintaining proper oral hygiene is essential. If you ever notice bleeding gums or puffiness, let us know. Gum disease can spread throughout the mouth quickly.
If you are looking for information on implant dentistry in the Irvine, CA area, Dr. Jeffrey Robertson is a wealth of knowledge and experience in the placement and restoration of dental implants. Give us a call today to schedule your appointment at Irvine Dental.